Orientation Time

 

This guy just had orientation! 

We are moving closer to college move in day while I move between feelings of sadness, worry, happiness, and relief.  



Thankfully orientation went really well.
My only need was an elevator.  This historic school sits on a mountain, and that means stone steps that go directly UP for miles to get from place to place.  The views would have been more beautiful if I could breathe while looking at them (and my knee was trying to protest).



Believe me when I say, I've been practicing walking up steps to prepare for Homecoming. 



I feel a lot of comfort in Connor going to a small Christ centered school.  



I was also comforted by the prayer and encouraged when families were asked to go on a Prayer Walk across campus supported by scriptures.  Of course during my prayer walk I stood in line for water and Starbursts (because I couldn't breathe and my knee was screaming).  



Don't worry, I have the scriptures to continue at home.


Parents and students had a schedule for the day.



We heard from the chancellor followed by a Q&A session. This school has 80% athletes from all over the place.  We learned one of Connor's roommates is from Peru (and probably the top seed on the tennis team).  I think that will be a neat experience (as long as he doesn't marry the sister and move to Peru).



More beautiful scenery. 


We stopped by this lake to write a letter to Connor on his first day of arrival.



Obviously we had a short time to write a letter, so as the writer of the family I took this assignment but Daddy O added his part.



Carlee noted they have a cheerleading/ dance team here so you never know...
Class of 2030 watch out.




Lunch was in the student diner (and ice cream for dessert, I know... I know... my knee is not screaming for ice cream but rather to stop ice cream).






Carlee and I did break from the group and found this little porch.


We made sure to stop in and say a prayer for the school year.



All the many prayers left in the prayer porch.



On to Dorms-
Three boys to this room! Hopefully they aren't all as tall as Darren but Connor is almost there so everyone better squeeze in... 
I can't even imagine the smells after 3 months with three boys who play sports!?!  The good thing is between all those darn steps, no boy will get too fat for this space.

Connor will room with teammates which I think will be a positive thing for the team.






Who doesn't love a school who hands out Snow Cones on Orientation Day?  

We got all things taken care of- room/board, insurance, parking permit, classes,  etc.

And we have a student. 



Join me in praying my favorite scriptures over my Connor today:
- spiritual growth to trust and depend on God- Philippians 1: 9-11 
-peace in a new home and relationships with his peers, coaches, teachers- Philippians 4: 6-7
-focus and diligence in the classroom- 2 Peter 1: 5 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Move to Montreat

Classroom Place to Office Space

Breaking Grad